All Through the Night


WELL DONE, CARMEN!

"Have you ever been up here?" asked Gloria, shepherding them into the first floor Salon. This is - well, I don't really know what it is; a sort of Green Room, I suppose. Or "Refuge" You'd be surprised how many people have taken refuge here, over the years.
"We're very grateful to you, Glo "  "Oh God, I didn't mean that, darling. What are friends for?"
"Now there are two sofa beds, though I guess you'll manage with just the one. Oh and we're fresh out of kennels, so His Nibs will have to kip on the floor, if he doesn't mind.  I'm afraid there's no "En Suite" either
but you can use the public loos. They're right next door. After we close, at three o'clock, they'll be for your exclusive delight. Before then, who knows?

"Everyone comes to Glo's, huh?" said Ry.  "Damned right. Now look, I'm sorry but I can't be responsible for the state of los Servicios before the sainted Carmen comes in the morning, with her weapons of mass disinfection. I should avoid the Ladies, if I were you. They're always the worst. Actually, in the mornings, you should nip over to Jean Luc's Caff, just across the road, His loos are brilliant. You could eat your breakfast off them. He does great breakfasts, by the way.  Oh and tomorrow I'll take you somewhere interesting for lunch, so we can talk properly.  We've a lot to catch up on.  Come and collect me about twelve, if that's OK."
"Well, you're only upstairs, aren't you?" said Sergi.
ANOTHER BLOODY OLIVE !
"God, we do have a lot to catch up on. No darling, I "upsized" months ago It's the frocks, y'know. They take up far more space than I do. The new place is amazing and it's only a couple of doors away.  I'll give you a Guided Tour tomorrow"

"So - have you let the apartment upstairs, then?" asked Ry.
"Yes.  Marco and Jordi have it now, though of course, they're not an Item - more's the pity. Separate bedrooms, would you believe"
"Not everyone's gay, you know, Gloria"
"Wanna bet?" she retorted
"The trouble with you Glo, is you're a Fag Hag" added Sergi. "And who really knows which way you swing?"
"Listen, honey, a lot of people think I'm a dyke, others reckon I'm a transvestite - or even a transsexual.
"So what are you, then?" the boys enquired simultaneously.
"I'm just an old fashioned girl"
"Like Hell, you are"
"Listen darling. I was married for ten unbelievable years"
"And your husband was ..."
"Hung like a fucking horse, dear"